Jr. Lab Technician | Open Position
Wolf Steel Ltd would like to announce the exciting new opportunity of Jr. Lab Technician.
The Jr. Lab Technician provides support to the Project Coordinators inclusive of new product development, research, retrofits, repairs and testing. The incumbent will be responsible for ongoing maintenance and calibration of the lab equipment. This position would report to the Vice President of Research and Development, Hearth Products.
- Testing of new products
- Forming parts for new products and prototypes generated from drawings or verbal instruction/requirements
- Maintaining and calibrating all Lab equipment
- Drawings for new products and revised product parts, freehand and CAD capability
- Retrofitting and conversions of existing parts for new product
- Generating paperwork to document testing for strategic planning and grant/tax applications
- Recording of all information gathered from all sources for past, current and future products
- Ensuring all testing is done according to company policies and practices to maintain consistency, accuracy and safety measures
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3 year Technologist diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with the items listed in the “Key Responsibilities” section
- Prior Welding and sheet metal work is preferred
- Experience with machinery, hand and power tools is considered an asset
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar environment or role
- Demonstrated track record of continually meeting and exceeding project requirements and timelines
- Significant exposure to and working with CAD software
- Strong technical knowledge
- Fabrication and assembly of prototype models and parts
- Sound knowledge of calibration practices and procedures
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point, Internet
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Highly motivated by challenge
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
To express your interest in being considered for this opportunity, please apply in confidence to:
Please Reference – “JLT” and include a cover letter and resume.
We thank for your interest in Wolf Steel Ltd. (Napoleon) and for participating in our competition. Only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.