Financial Analyst | Open Position
Wolf Steel Ltd. would like to announce an exciting new opportunity of Financial Analyst. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the Corporate Controller.
A suitable candidate is a confident communicator with managerial skills to work effectively in a team environment. It is essential for this individual to have strong cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably fabrication.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with preparation of month end and year -end financial statements; tasks may include, but not be limited to: making journal entries, reconciliation and reporting, analyzing and reviewing financial data to ensure accuracy
• Cost Accounting
• Analyze actual costs versus standard costs and prepare variance reports
• Assist and provide guidance in updating standard costs, sales and margin analysis
• Collect, analyze and reconcile Inventory
• Maintain the Fixed Asset sub-ledger and prepare the continuity schedule
• Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting
• Participate in development and monitoring of policies and procedures relevant to accounting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
• Ensure that sites management have implemented appropriate internal controls and procedures including inventory, fixed assets and capital expenditure control, and ensure controls are functioning appropriately.
• Prepares analytical review of all inventory reserves and accounts and presents to Corporate Controller quarterly/monthly.
• Reviews account reconciliations for accuracy and analyzes specific general ledger and cost accounts.
• Review inventory cycle counts, review inventory for slow moving and/or obsolete inventory.
• Provides work leadership and guidance to direct reports, review their progress and work for adequacy, method and procedure.
• Provides performance feedback to staff on a regular basis and complete annual reviews.
• Other projects/mandate for the Corporate Controller as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
• A University degree or a College diploma in Business is strongly preferred.
• Enrollment in CMA or CGA is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years accounting experience with 3-5 years in a supervisory role in the fast paced manufacturing setting
• Must have experience with Visual ERP or a similar large ERP/MRP
• Excellent and proven organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment
The position offers the desirable combination of stability, progressive challenges, growth, harmonious work environment and competitive salary/ benefits package.
To express your interest, qualified candidates are invited to apply in confidence to:
Please Reference – “Financial” and include a cover letter and resume.
We thank for your interest in Wolf Steel Ltd. (Napoleon) and for participating in our competition. Only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.